Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hola Chica!



A healthy little girl!

Strike us dumbfounded. We are found dumb! You get in your head (unwanted or not) how things are going to be. We were thinking and feeling boy all along. My three sons, turn the bedrooms into one giant bunkhouse, casa de testosterone!

The sono-technician got all her measurements and then you could tell she was working her way down for the "reveal". In that moment I flashed through a universe of thoughts. What do I really want? Do I have my heart set on anyone? So much wanting and wondering in those few seconds. And so much excitement! My mouth is hurting from grinning so much!

A girl. A little girl. Sugarpop gave a little gasp that only she and I noticed. In that moment I think she felt all the possibilities of mother/daughter: going to The Nutcracker; American Girl Doll Store; Anne of Green Gables (and bicycling around PEI); Laura Ingles; all that girl stuff!

We are also quite relieved. You see the O yesterday, 24 hours before the sono, stood amongst his peers on the carpet at preschool and announced, "Everyone! I'm having a sister!" Do angels whisper in kids's ears or what? Thankfully he will not be wrong and his standing amongst his peers is preserved for now!

We feel blessed and thankful for the joyous news of a healthy baby girl and it's pretty cool to share the news with y'all!

Now let the sorting of names begin!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations! Wonderful. Little girls are amazing creatures. So glad for you and your sugarpop. I bet those are going to be some awesome big brothers.

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Tell the W I started tearing up (not sure why!). I am so happy for you, first that she's healthy, and second that you will get to experience having both genders in your home.

They are going to be such great big brothers and so protective of their little sis.

I was amazed at how attentive they were to my little guy last time we were over.

I definitely see the "three little lines" in the sono!

(Good thing Sugarpop has that hope chest full of girly stuff!)

Anonymous said...

Healthy, yeah! A girl, yeah! Oh the possibilities! I'm more than a little excited for you and SP (and O and the Happy Little Elf). I told you, sir, my dreams are psychic (or psychotic, I can't remember).

Anyway, congratulations. We can't wait to meet her. A best friend for our Baby B? Ask Sugar Pop if we can tag along to PEI. That would be boss! -Cor

Gamera said...

:)

That's awesome....

Congrats!

Jason said...

Congrats! That's pretty funny since we had a similar experience... thinking it was a boy all along up until the sono. We are looking forward to having 2 little girls, but now figuring out a name is tough!

Anonymous said...

Hooray, a healthy baby girl. Glad you get to have the experience. You are all going to be so happy and the O and the Happy Elf will be awesome big brothers. Can't wait to meet her. Is her name going to be Dragon? Steph

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

(Forgot to say:)

My husband says that having a daughter has given him a certain softness that he had never known.

Don't get me wrong, they rough house and do all the things he would do with a boy.

But having a girl has added a different dimension to him.

Misc said...

Congratulations! Girl energy is different than boy energy. Not better or worse, just different. And I say vive la differance!

I'm sure your boys will be excellent big brothers and your daughter will adore them (as my little girl worships her big brother).

Anonymous said...

Congrats! My husband would not even consider the possibility we might have a girl (when I was preggers with our daughter). As one of four boys and a resident of casa de testosterone he couldn't imagine it. I was so glad when we did because as Leeanthro said about her husband it does soften a man (just a bit). And that's good all around, of course my husband needed a bit more softening than most! Now I'm getting really jealous and I'm desperate to know what sort of baby number two will be.

Creative-Type Dad said...

Congrats!

Be prepared for big eyes saying stuff like "but daddy..." and you giving in like a sucker.

Unknown said...

I am the third child in my family and the only girl. My brothers are bossy and over-protective, but some days I love them anyway.

Congrats!