Monday, December 31, 2007

Lights Out!


I like to "de-decorate" the house and yard of Christmas lights between the 25th and New Year's Eve. I have the time off from work and it's easier to do it then.

My technique for stringing lights on a tree, be it indoors or out is to apply them in a "spiral staircase" order. Makes for easy on and easy off.

Since marriage my wife has been the one to put the lights on the tree and I still take them off. However her method of stringing lights is the "wrap every frickin' limb of the tree" method. Granted it makes for a beautifully lit tree, but taking them off is a pain in the caboose.

What used to be a 5 minute lights off -- took me 45 minutes and numerous broken branches. I told her she wrapped lights on the tree like she was locking up Houdini at Scotland Yard. 

1 comment:

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

We got a prelit tree. Takes minutes to put up and minutes to take down. We LOVE it! (Can't have a real one-my allergies are too bad!)

I'm in the middle of de-decorating, too!