Monday, December 1, 2008

It's A Beautiful Day


The last few days the Happy Elf has greeted me each morning by saying, "Daddy! Daddy! It's a beautiful day!"

None more true than Sunday when we awoke to a snow covered C-U. I immediately went into "storm warning" mode and was planning out how I was going to shovel the drive and walks, should I use salt?, and I needed to get over to my parents to shovel their drive.

Kudos to Sugarpop, who, with 90 minutes until she and the kids needed to be off to church, had the boys winterized and outside with me. Instead of shoveling the drive Happy Elf, the Oh, and I used our new snow shovels to shovel "roads" in the yard. We built snowmen, tromped around, and knocked snow off the branches of trees.

Did the driveway get shoveled? Eventually, but our time spent in the first snow of the season, true to Happy Elf's statement, made it a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a beautiful boy that Happy Elf of ours! I loved your snowman babe.

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

We go to Vermont and it snows in Illinois!

Looks like he had fun. Bundle a kid up and give him a shovel and it's at least an hour of entertainment!