Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's A Girl!

July 2, 2008

Posting from the hospital . . . Sugarpop's water broke at 3:15 am. Left for the hospital at 4:00. Route to hospital was blocked by train in the railroad crossing, but we rerouted and got to the hospital by 4:15 (my top speed through city streets approached 60 mph).

Name: Daisy (Meaning: Day's Eye)
Delivery . . . 5:12 am
Weight: 7 lbs 10 oz
Length: 20"
Sugarpop: Doing great "ready" to go home, but have to stay 48 hours.
Everydaydad: "Over the moon with joy!"

Pictures to follow when I can get them downloaded!

6 comments:

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Hooray! Can't wait to meet her. I'm hoping to bring my girl to see your two girls (Sugarpop and Daisy). Hope it was smooth sailing.

So "Americus" won't be the middle name? :)

Amy said...

Congratulations! That was a quick labor. Hoping wife and daughter are well. Wonderful news to start my afternoon!

A New Me said...

That's the way to do it! Congrats see you this afternoon!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to meet little daisy! I can't wait! Three cheers for some of the best parents i know!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Little girls are so nice. I hope boys are the same way!

VeganLinda said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your babymoon!