Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Home Stretched

According to my cipherin' the W is about two weeks from birthing our bambina (due date July 11th). The end is in sight! We've taken the "Birthin' ur Baby" refresher course; filled a closet and a dresser with lots of pink girlie things (what are these hair clips and hair bows and how do you install them?); packed the bag; prepped the boys on who's going to stay with them when the baby is ready to be born; and piled infant diapers next to the Happy Elf's diapers on the changing table.


Still to do: buy new digital camera; install co-sleeper next to our bed; re-review our birth plan and practice some breathing techniques that work for the W in labor; and create a label for W during labor that says: "Hello! Give Me Nubain!"


So we are turning into the home stretch and in just a few days I'll be an everyday dad of three! And I realize that the stretch part extends to our budget, living space, shelf space, car space, and just about every facet of our life. 


And I love it.


Can't wait to meet you Lil' Dragon (name that O originally suggested for his baby sister). Mom will be doing all the hard work, but you'll come to find that I'm always standing by her.

3 comments:

A New Me said...

I think we are all excited about this girl coming into the world. Can't wait to see her and all of you. It is wonderful to have such a fun full family. The years go by so quickly, enjoy every minute of them.

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

I can't wait to meet your little girl! The W is always a champ and such a natural mother.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh. That last line made me all whimpery, it was so perfect.